Putting Flesh on the Bones - A Family History Activity Day
Sunday 9 October 2011
11.00am - 4.00pm
Have you found the names and dates for your family tree? Now do you want to put some ‘flesh on the bones'?
Join us in the Hawley Gallery for a day investigating who your ancestors really were and, if they were Sheffielders, finding out more about their trades.
• Members of the Sheffield and District Family History Society will be on hand to help you discover your ancestors online and advise you on how to find out more
• CDs, maps and booklets to use in researching your local roots and recording and displaying your findings
• Talks for beginners young and old on how to start your family history research
• Hands-on activities about Sheffield trades and occupations from the past - try your hand at buffing, grinding, file cutting, measure making
• Discover whether you would make a good Little Mester
• Trade Trails around the Museum
• Costumed characters
Normal museum admission applies.
IMPORTANT - ROAD CLOSURE NOTICE - SUN 9 OCT 2011
Visitors to Kelham Island Museum are advised that roads around the Museum will be closed from approximately 8am -1pm for the Great Yorkshire Run. Police advise visitors that they may wish to use public transport instead of coming by car. Supertram services from the city centre to Malin Bridge are not affected. Alight from the tram at the Shalesmoor stop for the Museum. All roads are due to re-open after 1pm.
Cluedo at the Museum - A Murder Mystery Evening for Adults
Thurs 20 Oct | 6pm - 9pm
For more information on both events please contact email@example.com or call 0114 2010769