Plan Your Visit
It’s great to be able to welcome you to Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet again.
Entry to the Hamlet is now FREE for all visitors.
Open Thu-Sun during Sheffield school holidays:
No need to book – please arrive early to avoid disappointment
Visiting with confidence
It’s really important to us that you’re able to visit your museums with confidence. We’re continuing to take steps to keep all our visitors and staff safe.
When you enter
- Face coverings are welcomed and encouraged in the Hamlet buildings to help keep everyone safe
- Please enter via the Learning Centre – you’ll see it signposted
- Please use the hand sanitiser station just inside the doors
- Make space for other visitors and staff and keep younger visitors with you during your visit
- Check-in to support the NHS Test & Trace programme
- Enter the smaller Hamlet buildings one group at a time where possible
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19, please don’t visit the Hamlet
We’re helping you visit safely by
- Limiting the number of visitors on site
- Hand sanitiser available on arrival
- Enhanced cleaning throughout the day
- Keeping doors open wherever possible to avoid multiple touch points
- Screens on our shop/café counter
Free visitor parking is available on site.
The toilets at Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet will be open in a limited capacity to enable social distancing and enhanced cleaning will take place throughout the day.
Food & Drink
The café at the Hamlet will be open with socially distanced seating in place.
Making a Donation
The pandemic is having a huge impact on your museums and galleries and during this challenging time your help is needed now more than ever. With your support, Sheffield Museums can continue to provide great cultural experiences for everyone.
Please consider making a £4 donation when you arrive. You’ll find our quick and easy contactless donation station and cash donation boxes near the welcome desk.
Not visiting for a little while? Support your museums by making a donation today.
We are now taking bookings for schools and groups for the 2021-2022 academic year. If you would like to find out more or make a booking, please contact email@example.com or call 0114 201 0613.